LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.04.30 (04) [E/LS]

R. F. Hahn sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 22:47:42 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 30.APR.2002 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Colin Wilson" <lcwilson at starmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.04.29 (03) [E]

>From: "Randy Elzinga" <frisiancow at hotmail.com>
>Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.04.28 (05) [E]

>And for most people "any British 'accent'" includes Scottish, Irish, and
>Welsh 'accents' (and Manx?  Do they have a distinct accent? are there
>others
>I should be including here?)

The following page http://www.manxradio.com/manx/ has links
(near the foot) to a couple of audio files with brief descriptions
of English as spoken in Mann. Having listened to them, I can say
that the accent is fairly similar to that of neighbouring areas of
north-west England,

Goodwill to all,

Colin Wilson.