LL-L "Greetings" 2002.12.23 (03) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Mon Dec 23 23:46:43 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 23.DEC.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: xmas

Hi, Ron, and all of You,

wish You merry Christmas and cheerful going-on in LL-L.
I'm  hoping for a soon comeback in Your funny, amazing and yet often serious
circle.

Very best regards

Fiete.
(Friedrich W. Neumann)

-----
"SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES..."
"Iced Earth" (originally W.S., Macbeth)

----------

From: andrew waterhouse <andrew_nerohouse at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2002.12.23 (01) [E/Spanish]

Greetings folks,

My name is Andrew.  I live in England, UK (near
nottingham/Loughborough for those who know the place!

I'm not sure if I will be able to contribute to this
list, but I think it is very interesting.

i have an interest in learning Old (AS) English.  I'm
pretty poor at it truth be told - but one can only
learn!!

I remember a post on another list just a month or so
ago where a guy found that a frisian speaker could
understand his Old English - pretty easily!

I would like to comment on negations and other stuff -
but need to consult my books first - and that means
after Christmas.

Til then,

Glæd Geol 7 Gesælig Niw Gear eallum mannum þisses
geferscipes!

Andrew

ps No hablo muchos espagnol

ala, Milates licho Elenekas!

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Greetings

Wæs þu, Andreas, hal!  Wæs þu gesund and wilcuma tô ure
hrædærendgewritlîsta!
Raginhard, êower Seaxan lǽdare and frêond

Fiete, moie Wiehnachten ook an Di un Dien Lüüd’.  Kaam man gau trügg!
Reinhard/Ron

Happy Holidays to all!