LL-L "Expressions" 2002.02.11 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 16:36:13 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 11.FEB.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Edwin Alexander <edsells at cogeco.ca>
Subject: LL-L "Literature" 2002.02.10 (04) [E]

At 07:52 PM 02/10/02 -0800, Ron wrote:
>That is incorrect.  The person who wrote that was Ed Alexander, not I.

I've never seen you disown anything quite so quickly before.  I didn't
think it was that bad!

Ed Alexander
JAG REALTY INC.
80 Jones Street Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8R 1Y1
Pager: 905-312-5204  Fax: 905-525-6671  www.jagrealty.com

----------

From: R. F. Hahn
Subject: Expressions

Ed,

What I think of your pun is neither here nor there.  If you had read
correct this type of improper quoting within the very issues in which
they appear, especially in cases of repeat offenders.  Not making sure
subscribers know exactly to whose statements or questions one responds
is against the rules and is unfair to the actual author and to me.

The URL to the rules, guidelines and procedures page is in the masthead
of each and every issue.  The basics are also on the pages people first
see before they subscribe, and similar information is contained in the
sign-up confirmation notice.  Yet, about one out of three applicants do
not provide me the information that is requested, and about one out of
three subscribers does not sign off the way they are supposed to, either
write an unsubscribe request to the list (not to me) or simply block the
LL-L address and thus cause an avalange of error messages to come my
way.