LL-L "Language politics" 2002.02.18 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 19:15:32 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 18.FEB.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Expreszo" <expreszo at zeelandnet.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2002.02.13 (04) [E/Z]

Ron wrote:
> Thanks, Margot.
>
> I have added links to our Zeelandic online resource guide
> (http://www.geocities.com/sassisch/rhahn/lowlands/links_zeeuws.html).
>
> Also, you might be interested to know that lately we have been joined by
some
> more people who expressed special interest in Zeelandic.

Sure I am interested. Zeelandic is important to me, for it gives me a
large
part of my identity. That is what I wrote to Mr. de Vries as well. That
reminds me to thank you, Ron (or would you rather be called Reinhard),
for
your statement towards Mr. de Vries.
I am especially interested in people who are now living abroad (a lot of
Zeelandic people went to Canada and Australia in the 40's and 50's) and
still speak Zeelandic. You might know some old Zeeland expressions I can
use in my columns in a regional paper (De Bevelander). Anyway, It would
be
interesting to converse in Zeelandic on this site.

Kind regards,

Margot van Baalen-Geijs
expreszo at zeelandnet.nl

> Zeelandic is important to me, for it gives me a large
> part of my identity. That is what I wrote to Mr. de Vries as well. That
> reminds me to thank you, Ron
> for your statement towards Mr. de Vries.

You're welcome.  I can well relate to your situation and feelings, as I
am sure many other subscribers can.

> , Ron (or would you rather be called Reinhard)

Please use whichever you prefer.