LL-L "Help wanted" 2002.02.19 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 17:02:38 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.FEB.2002 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Browne, Kevin at Astronaut" <BrowneK at brevard.k12.fl.us>
Subject: help wanted

Hello Lowlanders,

I'm doing a comparative study of simple literature stories in some of the
Germanic languages,
some because I'd like to get the language "on the books" in the state of
Florida, but also for
my own personal study. It might require a lot of e-mail correspondence with
me and I don't
want to burden some of you with all of my questions, but if you can help me
I would appreciate
it very much. I have the stories in Hochdeutsch and want to translate them
into the following
languages:

Dutch
Danish
Frysk
Zeeuws (simply because the interest in this group has raised my curiosity)

Also, does anyone know if the Dutch government supports language study the
way it
is done in Germany (example: Goethe Institut)?

Hartelijk bedankt en groetjes uit Florida (waar de zon schijnt bijna
altijd),

Kevin Browne