LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.02.24 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 21:25:11 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 24.FEB.2002 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Rudi Vári wrote under "Pronouns":

> Although I am largely a lurker, I still enjoy most of what happens on
> this
> list, but I must be honest: when Ron and co. use the more technical
> syntax,
> I am totally lost.
>
> Kind regards to you all, especially Ron (Reinhard)

Baie dankie, Rudi, and kind regards back at you.

I can only suggest that, given you are really interested in the
linguistic discussions, you (and anyone else who feels like that) let us
know what is difficult to understand, and I suggest reading an
introductory book on linguistics.  (Remember Sandy Fleming as a good
example: he reads up on the stuff and has come to terms with all the
concepts and terminology we deal with here.)

I could sometime rummage around on the web to find a list of
definitions, or we could compile our own list of definitions, but that
may not be quite enough in all cases, because it may not cover basic
concepts.