LL-L "Resources" 2002.01.25 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 00:19:50 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 25.JAN.2002 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Roger Thijs" <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: Resources

1. I found and bought in the Antwerp Fnac:

Robert Burns, The complete songs, volume 1
CKD 047 EAN 5-020305-600472 (Fnac internal code 5020305600472)
and
Robert Burns, The complete songs, volume 3
CKD 062 EAN 5-020305-600625 (Fnac internal code 5020305600625)

As to the booklet the complete series will have 12 CDs.
A question:
Does anybody know which CDs of the 12 are already available?

2. While the Flemish language disappeared in Dunkirk, the "Karnaval"
practices survided.

In the Antwerp Fnac the film on DVD "Karnaval", in French, by Thomas
Vincent, published by "France TV" EAN 3-357804-022309 (Fnac internal
code 3357804022309) is "on sale" (30% off on the normal price). The film
can be played well, but there is something odd with he activation of the
menu for the extras.

A summary:

In English
http://us.imdb.com/CommentsShow?0187200
A charming, sometimes funny film about a young Arab man on his way to
Marseilles who gets caught up in the carnival in Dunkirk, where everyone
lets their hair down and the normal rules of behaviour are waived for a
while. He falls in love with Bea, a young woman who is torn between her
attraction to the handsome young stranger and Christian, her husband.
Some moments of visual splendour adorn a simple tale about the foolish
little things we do in our lives.
In German:
http://www.zelluloid.de/filme/index.php3?id=2241

Regards,