LL-L "Resources" 2002.07.04 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 20:40:06 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 04.JUL.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/>
 Rules: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html>

From: Patricia Beving <beving.patricia at wanadoo.fr>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2002.07.03 (01) [E]

>From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
>Subject: Resources
>
>Folks,
>
>As most of you already know, we are currently working on online
>"blurbs": brief introductions to the language varieties we here consider
>"Lowlandic."
>We need your help.
>
>(1) Sandy Fleming has composed a nice blurb about Scots, and Mathieu van
>Woerkom, Roman Laryushkin and I are in the process of translating and
>otherwise processing it.  Sandy kindly supplied a few brief language
>samples to represent the main dialect areas of Mainland Scots.  We still
>need one or (if there is much diversity) up to three brief samples of
>Ulster Scots and Shetlandic each, also Orkney Scots if possible, with
>translations.
>
>(2) Also blurbs about Limburgish and Frisian are already in the works,
>and I intend to write one about Lowlands Saxon (Low German).  We still
>need blurbs for the other varieties.  (Please take a look at our
>homepage to see which ones they are.  Yes, a (West) Flemish one would be
>great too.)  You do not have to write them in English or necessarily in
>a Lowlandic language, just as long as someone can translate them.
>
>(3) We are also asking for "sub-blurbs." These are to be brief
>free-style, essay-like introductions to specific dialects or dialect
>groups or on whatever your pet aspect may be.  They will be linked to
>from the respective main blurbs.
>
>(4) We need volunteer translators.  Mathieu, Roman and I are doing our
>best to cope with Dutch, Russian, Ukrainian and German, but we could
>always do with some help.  We definitely need help with French

Ok for some translation into French
Patricia H.Beving (France)

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Thank you so much, Patricia!  Hopefully others will join you in the
French translation effort.  Privately I will send you what we have so
far.  There is no rush, just go as you can.

Stan Levinson was so kind as to volunteer as a Spanish and Portuguese
translator.  Big kudos!  However, I am sure he would appreciate some
help also, especially with Portuguese.

Kind regards!