LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.07.12 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 12 16:34:12 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 12.JUL.2002 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

We have been joined by quite a few people lately, and I want to take
this opportunity to send them a special welcome.  They joined us from
the following places:

BELGIUM:
   (?)
   Knokke-Heist, West-Vlaanderen
   Wilrijk, Antwerp
CANADA:
   Calgary, Alberta
   Edmonton, Alberta
Czech Republic:
   (?)
EGYPT:
   Cairo
ENGLAND:
   Crawley, West Sussex
GERMANY:
   (?)
   Greifswald, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
ITALY:
   Rome, Latium
NETHERLANDS:
   ?, Zeeland
   Austerlitz, Utrecht
   Emmen, Drenthe
   Heinkenzand, Zeeland
   Hijum, Fryslân
   Middelburg, Zeeland [2]
   Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
   s-Heerenhoek, Zeeland
   Waterlandkerkje, Zeeland
   Sint-Maartensdijk, Zeeland
NORWAY:
   Oslo, Oslo
POLAND:
   Poznan, Wielkopolskie
SCOTLAND:
   Edinburgh, Lothian [2]
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
   Boise, Idaho
   Des Moines, Iowa
   Holiday Island, Arkansas
   Huntington Beach, California
   Keene, New Hampshire
   New Orleans, Louisiana
   Sarasota, Florida
   Tucson, Arizona
   Youngsville, Pennsylvania

Seven new or returning subscribers chose not to share their locations.

For some reason there has been a boom in subscription by Zeelanders.  I
wonder what brought that on all of a sudden.

I want to remind everyone that our rules and guidelines are located at
this address: http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html

I also want to remind everyone that a few of us are currently working on
a series of web pages with introductions to our language varieties.  It
is hoped that these will appear in Dutch, English, German, French,
Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian.  We strongly encourage
people to join in the effort, as writers and/or translators (not
necessarily limited to the languages listed above).  "Main blurbs" will
be devoted to our "main" language varieties and "sub-blurbs" (free-style
"essays") to more specific dialects or topics.  If you wish to help,
please write to me (sassisch at yahoo.com).

Thank you.