LL-L "Etymology" 2002.07.15 (01) [E/LS/Z]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 17:10:07 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 15.JUL.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/>
 Rules: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html>

From: "Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann" <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2002.07.14 (05){E]

From: Ysmael Tisnado <guarda3 at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2002.07.14 (04) [E]

In ladino we say niyet,echos buenos,mazal tov,vwena
ventura,besi mantove all mean good luck as you can the
hebrew is used also in Ladino. to dissappear here goes
in ladino
desapareser-deperder(se)-esvanecer-desaparecer,spanish desaparecer,

Hi, Ysmael, Ron,

Thank You, Ysmael, for Your postings regarding angels. It's surprising
(and-
on the other side-  not!), how many different words there are for this
christianic phenomene.
But- I fear, all of them don't help me to find the special angel having
been
landed on any european airport at a time, long ago!

Ron, You proved Yourself as an "etymological angel" in former times! Is
it
still too warm in Seattle for having any thoughts, just a little bit
"nearer
to the sun"? Other people have been "Sleepless (may be: "restless") in
Seattle"!*s*

I am really interested in this question, because I could be enabled to
point
out some more facts being of interest in our LL-L-table.

Cool down, man!

Regards

Fiete.