LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.06.05 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 21:23:20 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 05.JUN.2002 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/>
 Rules: <http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html>

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

I keep getting server error messages telling me that LL-L cannot be
delivered to the following address:

                  elnmall at corp.earthlink.net

But this address is not subscribed to our list, and the error messages
are becoming quite an annoyance.  I assume that it is someone's
forwarding address and that the owner is still subscribed under a
different address.

I would like the owner to do something about it.  If he or she wishes to
remain anonymous, he or she only needs to unsubscribe (the subscribed
address) at <http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/lowlands-l.html>
or by sending the message "signoff lowlands-l" to
<listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org>.   He or she could also write to me
(sassisch at yahoo.com), and I will deal with it quietly and without
causing any embarrassment.  (All I need is the name to identify the
subscriber.)  Once unsubscribed, he or she could then, if so inclined,
ask me to resubscribe him or her, again without needing to feel
embarrassed.

Everyone else, please bear this in mind in case you have LL-L mail
forwarded to another address.

This is the time when subscribers in the Northern Hemisphere are just
about ready to take their summer breaks (especially those who study or
teach at colleges).  If you do not wish that LL-L be sent to you while
you are away, please just unsubscribe, and upon your return write to me
or reapply via our form (http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/) and
indentify yourselves as returning subscribers.

Some of you keep making the same mistakes in their posting submissions.
The most frequent error is not putting one's name on one's submission.
Remember, anonymous or semi-anonymous postings are not permitted, and
consistent absence of identification will eventually result in one's
submissions being ignored.

Rules regarding subscription and submission are found at this address
(in English, Limburgish, Low Saxon (Low German) and Dutch):

           http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome those who joined us
recently.  They are from Belgium (Brussels), Cyprus (Mesachrio), France
(?), Germany (Griepswohld/Greifswald), Russia (Vladimir), Ukraine
(Simferopol) and the USA (Chandler, IL), and one new subscriber (who
joined us today) chose not to share her whereabouts.