LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.06.21 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 21:46:24 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 21.JUN.2002 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

     (1) New Subscribers
     (2) Rules and Guidelines
     (3) New Team Member

Dear Lowlanders,

(1) NEW SUBSCRIBERS

First of all I would like to welcome those among you who joined us very
recently.  They come from the following places:

   Canada (Toronto, Ontario [2])
   Belgium (Antwerp)
   England (Nottingham, Nottinghamshire; Prudhoe, Northumberland)
   France (Palhès)
   Hong Kong
   Iran (Tehran)
   Italy (?)
   Moldova (Chishinau)
   Netherlands (Groningen, Groningen; Hoorn, Noord-Holland)
   Scotland (Ayr, Ayrshire)
   South Africa (Barberton, Mpumalanga; Howick, KwaZulu-Natal;
      Wynberg, Cape Town)
   Turkey (Fethiye, Mugla)
   USA (Acampo, California; Des Moines, Iowa; Lexington,
      Massachussetts; New York, New York; North Charleston, South
      Carolina; Seattle, Washington [2]; Waverly, Iowa)

And one person chose not to disclose his location.

(2) RULES AND GUIDELINES

I need to remind everyone that the rules and guideline for subscription
and posting ought to be read by everyone and can be found here:

     http://www.sassisch.net/rhahn/lowlands/rules.html

The most common errors in posting submissions are still (1) forgetting
to give one's name, and (2) not crediting those to whom one responds.

Quite a few former subscribers have been rejoining us lately.  Some of
them had been automatically "bumped off" by the server due to repeated
mail bouncing.  Some of them had feared that I had unsubscribed them
because they had been "lurkers," i.e., had not participated in
discussions.  Please keep in mind that I would never do such a thing,
that I value all subscribers equally.  There is no anti-lurking rule.
While I am delighted about participation, I totally respect people's
right and choice not to participate, and I would never want them to feel
forced to participate, nor would I compromise lurkers' privacy by
exposing their identities unless I had their permission.

(3) NEW TEAM MEMBER

I am very happy to announce that Mathieu van Woerkom
(Mathieu.vanWoerkom at student.kun.nl) has joined the Lowlands-L team.  So
far, Sandy Fleming has been taking over the running of the List during
my absence, and Ted Harding and Ian Parsley have been waiting in the
wings just in case neither Sandy nor I can attend to business.

Mathieu will be, actually already has proven to be, an enormous asset to
the team in more ways than one.  He had been very helpful and a driving
force long before he was "instated" officially.  Mathieu has the right
combination of zest and linguistic as well as technical know-how to help
if need be and to take on special projects (as he is right now, as
mentioned under "Resources" to appear shortly).

So, thanks, Mathieu, and thanks, Sandy, Ted and Ian!

Thanks to everyone!