LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.05.16 (08) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 22:42:02 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 16.MAY.2002 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Holger Weigelt <platt at HOLGER-WEIGELT.DE>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.05.15 (04) [LS/German]

>From: "Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann" <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
>Subject: "Dialekt problems" (LS/G)
>
>Moin unn n' Oobend, Leeglanners, Ron,
>
>von Doog stí±ºí¾§ in u's Lokoolzeitung (Niederelbe-Zeitung v. 15. 05.
>2002):
>
>(Zitat Beginn)
>
>" Harry Potter verzaubert Ostfriesen kaum
>
>...Aurich. Der ... Magierlehling Harry Potter entpuppt sich in
>ostfriesischen Buchl䤥n bisher als Ladenhí²’íµ², ... Buchh䮤ler in der
>Regiopn haben ... kaum Exemplare der ... plattdeutschen ܢersetzung
>verkauft. Als Grund fí±£í²¥n die H䮤ler das fí² í°stfriesen schwer
>verst䮤liche Schleswig-Holsteiner Platt der ܢersetzung an. In anderen
>norddeutschen Regionen sei die Nachfrage sehr groß ... . Einhellige
>Meinung
>herrscht ...: "Das ist kein ostfriesisches Platt"... "
>
>(Zitat Ende)
>
>Door mutt platt at HOLGER-WEIGELT.DE  ran!
>
>allerb䥳t
>
>Fiete.

Moin Fiete, moin le:ghlanners !
Dor is wiers 'n grôd ferske:l tüsken 't plat fan ferske:lend
kuntra:jen.
Dat is o:k äien fan däi o:ersóken doerföör, dat o:stfräies
baukdrükkers up
stünts häil ghi:n bauken up plat u:tdaun mööghent um dat dor tau min
ko:pers tau ferwachten bünt - bu:ten 't O:stfräisland bünt süks
bauken dan
ja näit me:er tau ferko:pen un hier le:sent o:k näit al tau fööl
minsken
plat. Annersuem ferstónt däi lüü hier wal fóken dat plat fan anner
kuntra:jen man dat lüd höör frömd tau un fa:lt stuer tau le:sen.
Däi fertellsels uem Harry Potter bünt häiel mo:j - 't is wal näit
wat ik
anners so: lês man ik heb d'r 'n büelt plesäer fan hat - up düütsk.
Un ik
bün ba:ng dor sghal ik tau min ti:d tau hebben as dat ik d'r 'n näje
o:wersetten in 't o:stfräisk plat tauhôp bräeng. Ik heb d'r no wat
anners
an 't lo:p - un ki:kt ins 'n poer rîgh ho:gherder - wel sal dat wal
u:tdaun ?

Kumpelment
Holger

Hello Fiete, hello Lowlanders !
There are really great differences between Low Saxon from distinct
areas.
That is one of the reasons for Eastern Friesland editors to prefer books
in
German instead of Eastern Friesland Low Saxon because they can't sell
enough for a good profit. Outside Eastern Friesland such books couldn't
be
sold because people won't understand and the number of Platt-readers in
Eastern Friesland is quite low. On the other hand many people in Eastern
Friesland are able to understand Platt (Low Saxon) from other areas but
it
sounds too strange for them and they feel uneasy to read.
The Harry Potter stories are very nice - not what I normally read but
nevertheless I had  great pleasure reading them - in German.
I fear I won't have the time to make a translation into Eastern
Friesland
LS. I have some other work running and - have a look a few lines above -
where to find an editor ?

Kind regards
Holger