LL-L "Resources" 2002.11.25 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Mon Nov 25 07:35:17 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 25.NOV.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: etienne at ubishops.ca <etienne at ubishops.ca>
Subject: Thank you!

Thank you Ron and Reynaldo for the welcome and suggested websites; thank you
Stella and Henno for the book suggestion, it sounds just what I have been
looking for.

My apologies for sounding a bit peevish about not hearing from anyone fast
enough.  I promise to be more patient in the future and follow Ron's
recommendation about repeating a request.

Best wishes, mieke

Mieke Koppen Tucker

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Mieke,

You are entirely welcome, in every sense of the word, and your participation
is much appreciated, surely not only by me.

I forget to mention also that some subscribers receive our postings in
bundled "digest" form, and I think the frequency is up to them.  So there
may be late responses because of that as well.  Furthermore, experience has
shown that some people simply do the old skim-skip-delete routine and think
about possible responses later (and often send me requests to the effect of
"Sorry I deleted that message. Could you send it to me? I got an idea about
that," while they could get it from our archive
(http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/lowlands-l.html).

Please bear in mind that "Orthography" is one of the pet topics on this
list, especially with regard to Dutch, English and to those languages that
have no standard orthography (e.g., Scots and Lowlands Saxon (Low German)).
So issues flagged as such may be of interest to you too, if you wish to look
at orthographic issues in a more general, "theoretical" way.

At any rate, rest assured that your interest will be appreciated if you
actively participate or not.

Friendly regards,