LL-L "Resources" 2002.10.20 (03) [E/Swedish]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sun Oct 20 22:34:16 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 20.OCT.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: Wim <wkv at home.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2002.10.19 (02) [E]

From: wim, wkv at home.nl  zwolle Netherlands.

Hi,

Old Frisian, well there are bits and pieces of rune sticks with Frisian
words found in flood mounts all over Friesland, those are the oldest
bit's of Germanic found in the Netherlands. How ever there aren't many
of them, and few words, and nobody can tell the difference between
really old Anglo- Saxon, and Frisian...

Här är min web sidens adressen, jag har skrivet lite om gamla frisk, och
runar. : http://www.geocities.com/velikovski_project/Runic.htm

That's about all Ii found about Frisian runic texts.

Bye.

wim. [Verdoold]

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

(1) One subscriber has kindly offered Afrikaans translation help for our
project "Lowlands Talk" (http://www.lowlands-l.net/talk/) but apparently
would be able to translate only a few of the "blurbs."  I wonder if anyone
else (the more the merrier) can and wishes to participate in it in a team
effort.  As a matter of principle, we start a series of translations into a
certain language only if there is enough commitment to translating the
entire series of "blurbs" -- in other words, all or nothing.  If you wish to
participate in an Afrikaans translation effort, please contact Mathieu van
Woerkom (Mathieu.vanWoerkom at student.kun.nl) and me (sassisch at yahoo.com).
Thanks.

(2) I wonder if there is any interest in a small series of introductory
blurbs about Lowlands-L members, listing their interests, projects,
achievements, web pages, and anything else they wish to be known, with an
emphasis on Lowlands languages and cultures.  I imagine each of those blurbs
to be a paragraph in English (for which help would be available) and a
version or message in the person's native language or the Lowlands
language(s) of their interest.  Please get in touch with
me(sassisch at yahoo.com) if you are interested.

Thanks for your continued interest and support!