LL-L "Resources" 2002.09.10 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Tue Sep 10 14:30:38 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 10.SEP.2002 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net

From: "John M. Tait" <jmtait at wirhoose.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2002.09.06 (03) [E]

Dear Lowlanders.

Yesterday evening I attended a signing, by Colin Wilson, of his long
awaited Scots primer, the Luath Scots Language Learner.  I think he's
already announced this on Lowlands-L, but if Ron will permit I'll just
remind everybody, and at the same time recommend it rather more
effusively than Colin could do himself! For anyone - Scottish or
otherwise - wanting to learn or even just learn about Scots, this really
is indispensible, and the accompanying CD of the dialogues in the book
is excellent. In an ideal world, this would be a huge step forward in
the promotion of Scots, and we can only hope that it will be widely used
and recommended. For some reason - possibly congenital stupidity - I
can't find the ISBN number on my copy, but if you contact Colin I'm sure
he can tell you where to get one.

John M. Tait.

http://www.wirhoose.co.uk

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

John Magnus,

According to Amazon.co.uk, which posted a reference prior to publication
(and seems to have listed the incorrect price),* the ISBN number is
094648791X.  This may be incomplete, but it may help in ordering.  At
least that's what I'll give our bookstore when I order it.

Cheers!
Reinhard/Ron

*
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/094648791X/qid%3D1031667920/026-2660817-8982067