LL-L "Language varieties" 2002.09.13 (09) [E]

Lowlands-L Administrator admin at lowlands-l.net
Fri Sep 13 20:13:33 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 13.SEP.2002 (09) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: "Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann" <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: "Language varieties"

(English below)
Moin, Ron, Leeglanners,

siit 'n poor Doog mook ick mi Gedanken üm dat Woord (LS) "teigen", "geigen",
(D) tegen", (G) "gegen", (E)"against".
In uns snacksch Munnoort bruukt wi jem beid: "teigen" un "geigen".

Disse Oort von 't Verschuuwen von "g" to "t" (or annersrümm) begriep ick
amend ne..

Kann door einen helpen?

English version (as I guess it to be *s*):

Since a couple of days I'm making thoughts about the word (LS) "teeigen",
"geigen", (D) "tegen", (G) "gegen", (E) "against".
I found out, that in our special, regional LS dialect we're using both:
"teigen" un "geigen".

I don't understand this kind of shifting from "g" to "t" (or the other way)
at all.

Anybody able to help?

Best greutens

Fiete.

Please submit postings to <lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org>. * Postings
will be displayed unedited in digest form. * Please display only the
relevant parts of quotes in your replies. * Commands for automated functions
(including "signoff lowlands-l") are   to be sent to
<listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org> or at
<http://linguistlist.org/subscribing/sub-lowlands-l.html>. * Please use only
Plain Text format, not Rich Text (HTML) or any other   type of format, in
your submissions