LL-L "Songs" 2002.09.19 (16) [D/E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Thu Sep 19 23:30:01 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 19.SEP.2002 (16) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: Global Moose Translations globalmoose at t-online.de
Subject: LL-L "Songs" 2002.09.19 (12) [A/E/S]

Dear Lowlanders,

for the grandparent crowd among you - or those aspiring to join it some
day - here's another one that used to be a favourite with my kids:

Handje klap en een klapje toe,
ga naar de mart en koop een koe.
Een bonte koe met horens,
kerken hebben torens,
huizen hebben dakken,
broertje (zusje), laat ik je pakken!!

Again, you do the appropriate movements (show the cow's horns, the church
tower, the roof), and THEN you grab the child - unless it's old and smart
enough to grab you first!
Actually, as I write this, I keep having to fend off my 18-year-old who had
been looking over my shoulder... she doesn't seem to have outgrown THAT one!
:-)

Best regards,
Gabriele Kahn

Please submit postings to <lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org>. * Postings
will be displayed unedited in digest form. * Please display only the
relevant parts of quotes in your replies. * Commands for automated functions
(including "signoff lowlands-l") are   to be sent to
<listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org> or at
<http://linguistlist.org/subscribing/sub-lowlands-l.html>. * Please use only
Plain Text format, not Rich Text (HTML) or any other   type of format, in
your submissions