LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.09.25 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Wed Sep 25 16:42:44 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 25.SEP.2002 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

Problems with Hotmail accounts are continuing.  We have a few subscribers
with Hotmail accounts left, and there are no problems with most of those,
which seems to show that the problems can be avoided if the bulk mail filter
is adjusted.  However, I have instructed owners of problematic Hotmail
accounts and new subscribers with Hotmail accounts, yet all but a couple
followed up on it, so after a certain number of error messages I just
unsubscribe them, if the server does not already do so automatically.
Furthermore, I am no longer accepting subscription applications of Hotmail
accounts until I can be sure that the filtering problem has been solved.  I
have added a note to this effect to our homepage.  I assume that people who
are serious enough about joining us or staying with us will acquire
different kinds of account.

Since my last administrative message we have been joined by folks from the
following places:

Belarus:
   Vitebsk:
      Vitebsk [1]
Belgium:
   West-Vlaanderen:
      Kaster [1]
Ireland:
   Leinster:
      Dublin [1]
   Leitrim:
     Ballinamore [1]
Netherlands:
   Noord-Holland:
      Alkmaar [1]
   Zeeland:
      Koewacht [1]
United Kingdom:
   Scotland:
      Aberdeenshire:
         Keig [1]
United States of America:
   Florida:
      Clearwater [1]
   Massachussetts:
      Brockton [1]
   ? [1]
Vietnam:
   Tai Binh:
      Ho Chi Minh City [1]

Welcome to them all!

While writing this I have been receiving some more failure (reject) messages
from the Hotmail server and have removed those addresses from the List.
This leaves us only with a small number of Hotmail addresses.

* Please display only therelevant parts of quotes in your replies.
* Commands for automated functions
  (including "signoff lowlands-l") are  to be sent to
 <listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org> or at
* Please use onlyPlain Text format, not Rich Text (HTML) or any other