LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.04.23 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Wed Apr 23 14:32:28 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 23.APR.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * sassisch at yahoo.com
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Yesterday I wrote:

> Actually, I don't see why I should make you all suffer from Lowlands-L
> withdrawal symptoms.
>
> Until we have solved the current problems, please feel free to send
> posting submissions to my private address: sassisch at yahoo.com
>
> It would help if you made sure that they are identified as pertaining to
> Lowlands-L ("LL-L" or the like).
>
> Since this morning, no mail has been received or sent by the moribund
> email server (admin at lowlands-l).  So, if you are on automatic pilot and
> send submissions there, please check again.  If your postings don't
> appear, you ought to send them again to sassisch at yahoo.com.

Obviously, the combination of an especially hectic day with the news of
the impending doom of the web service sent me into a tail spin, and I
did not think quite clearly enough.  So I take this back.

If all goes according to plan, nothing will change for you.  I have
changed the configurations of the list server (which is provided by
LINGUIST and has nothing to do with this business), and your posting
submissions should reach me anyway.  So, please keep sending your
submissions to the usual address:

lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

However, if you need to write to me individually and directly (off the
List), please write to my private address for now: sassisch at yahoo.com

Please don't worry!  There is no danger to Lowlands-L.  This is merely a
technical hiccup that hopefully will have little impact on you.

I appreciate your support.