LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.04.22 (07) [E

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Tue Apr 22 22:32:44 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 22.APR.2003 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * admin at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Thanks to those of you who privately responded to my message with
"Sterkte!" and similar words of encouragement after I wrote:

> The bad news is that the company who provides our email and web service
> just announced that it is going under.  (Great! Just as I am really too
> busy to deal with all of that!)
>
> The good news is that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and we
> (or better to say *you*) only have to put up with a period of infrequent
> and inconsistent service until I have found a replacement company and
> have shifted all our goodies over to them (in a hurry, because the
> fizzling company is giving us only a few days ...).  I hope you will
> bear with me and the stand-by team.
>
> Mail service keeps being interrupted, and I have several postings
> waiting in the outbox.  I will try to send them and this message in a
> round-about way and hope they will arrive.
>
> Until everything has been arranged, you might want to be sparing with
> your posting submissions, or you might want to hold your communication
> until I send out the all-clear.

Actually, I don't see why I should make you all suffer from Lowlands-L
withdrawal symptoms.

Until we have solved the current problems, please feel free to send
posting submissions to my private address: sassisch at yahoo.com

It would help if you made sure that they are identified as pertaining to
Lowlands-L ("LL-L" or the like).

Since this morning, no mail has been received or sent by the moribund
email server (admin at lowlands-l).  So, if you are on automatic pilot and
send submissions there, please check again.  If your postings don't
appear, you ought to send them again to sassisch at yahoo.com.

By the way, also inconvenienced is our friend and webmaster Mathieu van
Woerkom.  He and I will have to deal with the fallout of this bomb.

We'll do our best and appreciate your forbearance.