LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.04.28 (12) [E/Spanish]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 03:36:19 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 28.APR.2003 (12) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * sassisch at yahoo.com
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: "Ben J. Bloomgren" <godsquad at cox.net>
Subject: LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.04.28 (01) [E]

Is LinguistList going down also?

----------

From:  "Jorge Potter" <jorgepot at prtc.net>

Dear Ron,

While you are appreciating them, I would just like to appreciate you a
bit.
I have mucked around the other Linguist discussion groups and have been
unable to discover any other to hold a candle to yours. And let it be
said I
have always been more interested in Romance than Germanic.

Jorge Potter

My experiences with the folks at LINGUIST have been absolutely
marvelous.  They have been nothing but generous and helpful, and they
have also been patient whenever my lack of technical know-how was
apparent (which I'm afraid happened more than once).  Indirectly, or
perhaps not that indirectly, we are helping the LINGUIST family by
making our discussion information available to the world by way of their
archiving facility.  So, in our own relatively minor way we contribute
toward a larger-scale effort to promote and further the study of
language (and all that comes with it), not only by adding our
Lowlands-related information into a common, globally accessible pool,
but also by helping to attract the attention of non-linguists,
non-academics, to help them gain better understanding, and to reduce
ignorance, fear and prejudice vis-à-vis linguistics.  I would like you
to individually consider supporting the LINGUIST efforts even further,
of which there are several ways, as you will find out if you visit the
LINGUIST site (http://linguistlist.org/).  Besides that, I am sure that
all of you will find visiting that site most helpful.  Among other
things it has a forum in which non-linguists can ask linguists all those
basic questions they never dared to ask before, something we frequently
feel a need of on Lowlands-L.