LL-L "Language adaptation" 2003.12.03 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Dec 3 15:29:50 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 03.DEC.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: sam claire <samclaire at mybluelight.com>
Subject: LL-L

Peter; I can't throw much light onto your question about accents, but where
I'm concerned, my former Bronx accent is all but erased except for traces.
People still remark that I pronounce certain words unlike the locals here
and speak with a different cadence.  These speech patterns might be
explained by the psycholinguists.  Sam