LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.02.11 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Tue Feb 11 21:17:33 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 11.FEB.2003 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Since my last administrative message (Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:49:25) we have
been joined by a number of people whose places of residence you will find
listed at the end of this message.  I would like to welcome them and to ask
them and everyone else who has not done so to read our rules and guidelines
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/rules.htm).

If anyone wishes to change their subscription mode to "digest," they may
write to me, and I will see to it.  The same applies to "vacation" mode,
namely temporary holding of mail delivery.  This "vacation" mode setting is
new.  Thanks to it you will no longer need to sign off and on before and
after being absent.

Our project "Lowlands Talk" (http://www.lowlands-l.net/talk/) has ground to
a snail's pace and could do with a good dose of revitalization.  Most
importantly, we need some volunteer help with writing and translating and
are in particularly desperate need of French, Spanish and Norwegian
translation efforts.  Please write to me (sassisch at yahoo.com) if you are
prepared to help.  On the bright side, thanks to our own Antero Helasvuo we
will soon be able to offer the information in the first non-Indo-European
language: Finnish.  (Click on "Suomi".)

Thanks for your interest and support!

***

New subscribers' places of residence: