LL-L "Resources" 2003.02.17 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Mon Feb 17 18:27:40 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 17.FEB.2003 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: Resources

A little website about the South-Franconian dialect of Gemmenich (part of
Plombières, administratively in the "French" speaking South of Belgium):
Jömelejer Platt
in 3 languages: French, Dutch and German:
http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/

I logged some interesting url's out of the frames of this site
(I hate being squeezed into frames)::

The dictionary is ready for being printed (if the financing can be settled):
nl: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/intro_n.html
de: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/intro_d.html
fr: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/intro_f.html

Positioning of the dialect
(in the "ma_k_en" area, so eventually classified as Limburgish rather than
Ripuarisch)
Gemmenich is not on this map, but it is situated North of Eupen,
mid-way between the "town" of Limbourg (B) and Aachen in Germany.
nl: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/dialect_n.html
de: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/dialect_d.html
fr: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/dialect_f.html

Concept of the dictionary, orthography (& tonality):
nl: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/dictionary_n.html
de: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/dictionary_d.html
fr:  http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/dictionary_f.html

The team:
nl: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/team_n.html
de: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/team_d.html
fr: http://members.chello.be/sf15116/Platt/team_f.html

Some external links on this site:

Karakterisering van de Germaanse taalfamilie
http://www.ned.univie.ac.at/publicaties/taalgeschiedenis/nl/germaans.htm
Low Saxon and Scots are not in the tree.

Überblick über die Geschichte der deutschen Sprache
http://www.linguist.de/Deutsch/gdsmain.html

Help for multilanguage support:
http://home.att.net/~jameskass/index.htm

FYI and regards,
Roger (http://www.euro-support.be)

PS. I referred to a theatre play in local dialect in my message yesterday.
"Wä es meester?", salle St Brice, Hombourg
Homerger Theater Groep, 21-2, 20 hrs.
I could get a ticket for next Friday evening.
(There were still some places available this very morning)
Reservations Mme Charlier (of the "Nous deux" shop in Hombourg)
tel. +32-87-786.053
Conversation with strangers is virtually always in French in this area.
(When in this area, and the wether is too bad for returning in the night, I
usually stay in the little hotel of the Aachen golf club in Sippenaeken, a
couple of miles to the North of Hombourg)