LL-L "Resources" 2003.01.15 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Wed Jan 15 15:28:36 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 15.JAN.2003 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Michael Arnold <marmanold at mac.com>
Subject: Taking Dutch!!

Hey everyone,
It's been a while since I last wrote. I'm writing to inform everyone that I
will be taking my first Dutch class in the morning. I found time in this
semester's schedule and even though it takes me above the university's 18
hour limit I got special permission to take it. Hopefully in a little while
I'll be able to make some contributions to the LowLands Listserv. I would
like to thank everyone for getting me interested in Dutch and other lowland
languages. I hope Dutch is one of many lowland languages I will get the
opportunity to learn. Dutch will make a nice addition to my German.
I just want everyone to keep up the good work in keeping beautiful languages
from dying away into extinction!

-Michael Arnold, the University of Alabama, Freshman

P.S.- ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Hey, Michael!

It's great to hear you get to take a Dutch course and are keen and game
enough to do it above the common 18-credit maximum.  You are lucky Dutch is
being taught at your university.  It's being taught at far too few U.S.
universities.

Also, it's nice to know that lurking on Lowlands-L has reinforced your
interest.  This kind of thing is always good news for the List.

Keep up the positive spirit and work!  Remember that there are people here
who would be able to assist you.

Best wishes!