LL-L "Resources" 2003.01.18 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sat Jan 18 18:54:07 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 18.JAN.2003 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Language varieties

I wrote:

> I totally agree.  In fact I am very much impressed by Roger's entire web\
> presentation about the languages of Belgium
> (http://home-13.tiscali-business.nl/~tpm09245/lang/langbel.htm, with
> references to related varieties outside Belgium), just as I am impressed
by
> your own site about the languages of the Netherlands
> (http://streektaal.cjb.net/), both of which go nicely with other
Lowlanders'
> presentations, such as Scots information presented by Colin
> (http://www.btinternet.com/~lcwilson/colin.htm), Andy
> (http://www.scots-online.org/), John Magnus (http://www.wirhoose.co.uk/),
> Sandy (http://scotstext.org/) and others, also several subscribers'
> presentations about Lowlands Saxon (Low German).

Oh, and certainly not to forget Ian's info about Ulster Scots
(http://www.ianjamesparsley.net/ullans_intro.html) and Marco's info about
Zeelandic (http://people.zeelandnet.nl/evenhuis/).  I can't mention them
all.

Perhaps it's time for us to have, as a part of our Lowlands-L online
presentation, a special list of relevant on- and offline resources published
by Lowlands-L members.  What about this suggestion?  Of course, being listed
would be totally voluntary, would need to be okayed, if not initiated, by
the people involved.

If any of you is interested in being listed, please send a message with
relevant information to Mathieu (Mathieu.vanWoerkom at student.kun.nl) and
myself (sassisch at yahoo.com).  "Offline" information means any
Lowlands-related publications other than those on the Web, such as
belle-lettres publications (poems and prose in or about Lowlands varieties),
articles, books, reference works, CDs and software.  You may, do not have
to, have this information accompanied by very brief background information
about yourselves (anything you feel comfortable to divulge), also a picture
if you wish, at least your email address and place of residence.  No one
would be listed against their wish, but participation is definitely
encouraged.

Cheers again!