LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.07.10 (08) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Jul 10 23:28:14 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 10.JUL.2003 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
S=Scots Sh=Shetlandic V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Ze굷s)

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Mathieu van Woerkom and I have been making some progress in moving
Lowlands-L to a new electronic home.  Actually, it is Mathieu who has been
doing most of the work.  He is a shining example of Lowlander activism and
deserves much praise, though he is not the only one.

Mathieu has been moving and remodeling our website.The series has been
physically moved to a new server (in the Netherlands), though the URL has
not changed (http://www.lowlands-l.net) because it is mine and has been
reassigned to the new site.  Mathieu has made some considerable
improvements.  As usual, he has done a splendid job.  Thanks, Mathieu!   He
is still in the process of revamping our companion site "Lowlands Talk"
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/talk/), so please bear with him (and me) while
this is underway.  And thank you to all who have contributed to this project
so far.  Volunteers are still welcome.

Beginning this afternoon I am sending LL-L installments from a different
email account:
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net .  Many of you will recognize it as one we used to
have earlier, before my previous internet service bit the dust.  We have
reassigned the address to the new server.  This allows me to go back to
using Outlook, and this way I am able to be more consistent in using Unicode
encoding, which will make it easier to use "special" characters.

This address (lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net) is the Lowlands-L Administrator's
address.  Please use it if you need to get in touch with me (or in my
absence with Mathieu or Sandy Fleming) about List business off the List.  To
write to me personally about other matters, you may use this address also,
or my private address (sassisch at yahoo.com).

I expect Mathieu to claim one of the email accounts at this site too, since
he is our webmaster and beyond.  More about this later.

Since my last administrative announcement we have been joined by several
persons, and I want to take this opportunity to welcome them and to ask them
to familiarize themselves with our rules
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/index.php?page=rules).  They live in the
following places:

Recent Subscriptions: Places of Residence:
   Australia:
      Queensland:
         Brisbane [1]
   Canada: