LL-L "Orthography" 2003.03.28 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Fri Mar 28 18:16:28 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 28.MAR.2003 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Sandy Fleming [sandy at scotstext.org]
Subject: "Resources"

Lowlanders,

I'm currently setting up a whole new Scotstext site - not
yet available though if you want to consult the few texts
that are already there, they're at http://scotstext.org/new.asp
for the moment.

There's one page I've just set up which you might want to
use or provide feedback for. It's the Scotstext spelling
correction wordlist at:

http://scotstext.org/lexicon/variant_wordlist.asp

This is a list, each line of which contains the preferred
spelling for Scotstext house-style (not always my own preferred
spelling), followed by all the variant spellings I've found
in the actual texts.

It contains about 14,000 words, not including the variant
spellings. With the variants it comes to about 18,000 words.

If you see any spellings you object to, let me know (with
reasons!) and I'll think about changing them - anything
that will improve the quality of the wordlist and
subsequently the Scotstext texts.

Don't bother reporting obvious mistakes unless you really want
to - obviously with a list this size it will take some time
for me to eradicate all these.

Feel free to download the wordlist for your own use if it
happens to be useful to you in anyway - change it in any
way you like.

Sandy
http://scotstext.org/