LL-L "Lexicon" 2003.05.26 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 17:37:49 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 26.May.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * sassisch at yahoo.com
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: globalmoose at t-online.de (Global Moose Translations)
Subject: LL-L "Lexicon" 2003.05.25 (02) [E/LS]

Heinrich wrote:

> Triplecoulored kittens born in May are good for nothing. They don't
> catch mice.

My tri-coloured (= calico) cat, born on May 20th, will have you know
that
she's the best mouser that ever lived, and she challenges you to catch
even
one in the time she catches twenty!

Speaking for Ronya and several of her relatives,
Gabriele Kahn

----------

From: "Peter Snepvangers" <snepvangers at optushome.com.au>
Subject: "Lexicon"

The French based Low Saxon words I know
are listed on my home page www.plattdeutsch.net chapter "Word with
French origin". I would be happy to get additional words because there
is enough time to put them into the second edion of my dictionary
"Wrterbuch(s) des M nsterlnder Platt".
Gu tgaon! Alles Gute! All the Best!
Klaus-Werner Kahl.

Guten Tag Klaus,
I remember in Limburgs 3 words that sounded very French. The words Bal
(Ballon F), Cadeautje (Cadeau F) and Perplu (Parapluie F). You have
the word for umbrella on your site but I did not see the other 2. I am
not sure if they are used in Low Saxon but with Bonaparte's influence
in these areas they may have some commonality.
Tot Ziens
Peter Snepvangers
Turrella, Australia