LL-L "Expressions" 2003.11.16 (02) [E/S]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Nov 16 18:56:09 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 16.NOV.2003 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Ben J. Bloomgren <godsquad at cox.net>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2003.11.15 (07) [E/S]

Ron above:

Basic question: Was it white or red herring salad?

Hello Ron and Thomas, I have a question. From my knowledge of the expression
that "its a red herring" there is no such thing as red herring. I must be
wrong. I live in Arizona, so I am not exposed to ocean fishes. Is that also
the color of herringbone?
Ben