LL-L "List" 2003.09.09 (10) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Sep 9 19:40:25 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 09.SEP.2003 (10) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann <Fieteding at gmx.net>
Subject: LL-L "Introduction" 2003.09.09 (04) [E]

Moin, Lowlanners, Reinhard,

(English below)

Du schreevst:

> From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
> Subject: Introduction

> By the way, I was just told that, apparently in print in Germany, someone
> has alleged that LL-L is a vehicle for Nazi propaganda (!).  I am waiting
> for a copy of this and will refute it if this is possible and worthwhile
> (i.e., not beneath me/us).  Allegations of this sort never cease to amaze
> me, and any of you who have been on LL-L for a while and know me even just
> bit can probably imagine how this sort of ignorant accusation makes me
> feel....

"Honni soit qui mal y pense"

Door schall doch woll de Düvel manghauen!
Dat sünn' mennigmool verantwortungsloose Schriiverslüü' (faaken uut de 68er
Generatschjoon), föör deei de Europäische Geschicht' ("history") woll eeirst
1933 anfangen deiht!
Deei weeit un leeirt heel gonnix, hefft amend no ne "ööbern Goordentuun
keeken [R. Hahn]" un' mookt in jemmer Döösigkeit 'n Baarg Schooden mang de
jungen Lüü' in Euroopa un' annerwärts.
Jemme Recherche is dennen Noomen ne weeirt.

Door kann'ck mii düchdig üm aargern, ümm sau'n Schiet!!!!

(English)

"Honni soit qui mal y pense"

Let them go to hell!
Many of them are irresponsible writers (often from the so called
"68th-generation") for whom European history does not start before 1933.
They don't know anything, are unable to learn anything, did never "have a
look over the fence of their garden [R. Hahn)" and are doing harm to young
people in Europe and elsewhere.
Their journalistic investigations don't deserve this name.

I'm getting very angry from "bullshit" like this!!!!

Greutens/Regards

Fiete.

(Friedrich W. Neumann)
Not Lucifer I fear
but those almighty Gods

----------

From: Ed Alexander <edsells at cogeco.ca>

At 08:26 AM 09/09/03 -0700, Ron wrote:

>By the way, I was just told that, apparently in print in Germany, someone
>has alleged that LL-L is a vehicle for Nazi propaganda (!).  I am waiting
>for a copy of this and will refute it if this is possible and worthwhile
>(i.e., not beneath me/us).  Allegations of this sort never cease to amaze
>me, and any of you who have been on LL-L for a while and know me even just
>bit can probably imagine how this sort of ignorant accusation makes me
feel.

Well, it's no small wonder - just look at all those L's floating around in
the LL-L - what else could they be but a broken up Hakenkreuz!

Ed Alexander, Canada

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: List

Thanks, Fiete and Ed!

Normally I wouldn't even dignify such stupid allegations with a reply or
even with a mention, but it's a different matter when the List is being
slandered in public and people elsewhere are given the wrong impression.
Let's see what the person actually wrote.

Ah, subliminal symbolism wasn't something I had considered, Ed.  Trust you
to come up with that!