LL-L "Administrativia" 2003.09.18 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Sep 18 16:24:38 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 18.SEP.2003 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

It has been a while since I last sent you an administrative message.  The
last one was sent on August 1.  We have been joined by a number of people
since then.  Welcome to all of them!  Their places of residence are listed
at the end of this message.

I am sure I am not the only one worried about our subscribers on the Eastern
Seaboard of North America, between South Carolina and New Hampshire,
including Washington, D.C., especially those in North Carolina.  Let us hope
that none of them will sustain any serious damage by Hurricane Isabel - a
"biggun."

Our new subscribers and several of our "old" ones are reminded that they
must read our rules and guidelines
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/index.php?page=rules).  Among the most common
mistakes in submitting postings are the following:

* not giving one's (full) name
* changing subject titles in follow-ups
* treating more than one subject in one submission
* not (sufficiently) editing quoted text
* reponding to something without making clear what it is
* not crediting the writers of quoted texts

Please read the relevant section in the list of rules.

Thanks for your cooperation.

***

Recent Subscriptions -- Places of Residence:

   Australia:
      South Australia:
         Adelaide [1]
   Belgium: