LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.04.23 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Apr 24 19:58:07 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 24.APR.2004 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: sam s claire <gamlhs at juno.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.04.22 (08) [E]

Lowlanders: This is not a scholarly comment on Afrikaans, just a
reflection.  I was once in the company of a couple who spoke same with
each other.  With my though meager grasp of German and Yiddish, I somehow
was able to grasp the gist of their conversations.  I was fascinated that
I could do so.  Sam in Baltimore.