LL-L "Traditions" 2004.08.26 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Aug 27 17:22:54 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 26.AUG.2004 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Thomas <t.mcrae at uq.net.au>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2004.08.26 (11) [E/S]

Can say that again.
I know of Armenian parents domiciled in Ghana who proudly told me how they
burned their 3 year old boy with a lighted cigarette to correct naughtiness
and make him MANLY.
The sadistic strap beatings used in Scottish schools up until the late
1950's also had a similar motive with the boys. Parents reckoned it was good
for us and there was even a special factory in Fife which only made suitable
tawses whose sole use was punishment.
Regards
Tom
Tom Mc Rae PSOC
Brisbane Australia
"The masonnis suld mak housis stark and rude,
To keep the pepill frome the stormes strang,
And he that fals, the craft it gois all wrang."