LL-L "Resources" 2004.08.27 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Aug 27 17:22:46 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 27.AUG.2004 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: James C Stalker <stalker at msu.edu>
Subject: Scots Gaelic resources

My niece,13 years,who livesin Alabama, USA, wants to learn Scots Caelic,
oral, not print(although, and of course, and all things considerd). As I
recall past postings, there are resources available, but of course, I didn't
need them, so... pardon the repeat request.  If anyone happens to know
someone near Birmingham, Alabama who is interested in tutoring a Gaelic
student, that would be a bonus.

Jim Stalker
stalker at msu.edu

----------

From: Mike <botas at club-internet.fr>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2004.08.25 (05) [E]

Bill Wigham asked about, among others, grammar books for so-called
"minority" LL languages.
I find the LS grammar published by INS a good one, last not least because it
is the only serious grammar of modern LS that I know of. I´ll dig out the
ref. if there is any interest. Not sure if this message will get by Ron. He
cannot but know this book but has never mentioned it, so he might disagree
with my appraisal.
Mike Wintzer