LL-L "Proverb" 2004.11.30 (02) [A/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Dec 1 17:27:37 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 01.DEC.2004 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: heather rendall <HeatherRendall at compuserve.com>
Subject: LL-L "Proverbs" 2004.11.30 (02) [E]

Message text written by INTERNET:lowlands-l at LOWLANDS-L.NET
>>> 3.  An empty stomach makes the kail [soup] excellent.<

I think that this just means that even cabbage tastes good to/on any empty
stomach

Rather like  - beggars can't be choosers

If you are hungry even something ( as nasty as ) cabbage is better than
nothing

Heather

From: ezinsser at tiscali.co.za <ezinsser at tiscali.co.za>
Subject: LL-L "Proverbs" 2004.11.30 (08) [E]

Dag julle,

Mark, ek ken die uitdrukking as "Honger is die beste kok".

Groete,
Elsie

> > As we say in Afrikaans, 'Honger is die beste sous' -' Hunger is the best

sauce'.