LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.12.07 (01) [E/F/French/German]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Dec 7 17:56:21 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 07.DEC.2004 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: ezinsser at icon.co.za <ezinsser at icon.co.za>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.12.06 (11)

Hi all,

Thanks Ingmar, for the lecture on the brei-R.

It might interest you that even some Sotho speakers don't trill their R's.

Perhaps it is an alternative speech type (rather than speech 'defect') and
has a genetic link, such as stuttering and lisping have.

Regards,
Elsie Zinsser

---------