LL-L "Delectables" 2004.12.08 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Dec 8 17:12:05 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 08.DEC.2004 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Críostóir Ó Ciardha <paada_please at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2004.12.07 (09) [E]

Grietje wrote:
"Aha, that must have been orgeade, slitghtly whitish opaque, right? I think
there's a bit of a story to that drink - I seem to remember that, because of
its resemblance to another fluid it has obtained an ulterior meaning......
I'll leave it up to you to figure that one out."

That's the one! My wife and I have the same pleasantly peurile imagination.
I think we made the connection when we were served it, too.

Ron wrote of orgeade:
"It seems some people concentrate it, which might explain the consistency
you explained. The stuff would probably kill me... I can eat no sweets and
baked goods if I'm not totally sure they had no contacts with hazelnuts and
almonds."

You have my sincerest empathy, Ron. I adore marzipan (and have been known to
eat whole 400g blocks of the stuff when it's on special down the shops), and
have thus far evaded any allergies. It's a shame you can't taste orgeade. It
really is nectar. What is its origin, does anyone know?

Go raibh maith agaibh,

Criostóir.