LL-L "Delectables" 2004.12.14 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Dec 14 16:05:44 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 14.DEC.2004 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Críostóir Ó Ciardha <paada_please at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2004.12.13 (08) [E]

Ron wrote:
"My wife calls them "superfluous calorie bombs." Unwilling to serve them to
hapless guests who would feel obligated to eat at least some of it for show,
I regularly take them to work where they are gobbled up in the span of an
hour. So there *are* still people who eat them. But then again, they are the
same people that would eat bread crusts or cold, greasy Brussel sprouts if I
put them there."

You may not be surprised to hear that I consider bread crusts the best bit
(on whole grain bread, the blacker the better), and do not consider a roast
a roast unless it has meat, potatoes, gravy, roast stuffing, mashed swede
and carrot, and yes, even those brussel sprouts that every one abhors!
(Although they must be submerged in the gravy.) Don't get me started on the
unhealthy pleasures of crackling (roasted salted pork fat and skin) or fried
breakfasts.

Before anyone insinuates, I weigh eleven stone, am six foot five inches tall
and thin as rake.

Go raibh maith agat,

Criostóir.