LL-L "Resources" 2004.01.10 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Feb 10 15:51:38 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 10.FEB.2004 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Folks,

In my opinion, the following is an impressive and very promising website in
the making for those of you who are interested in Drenthe Lowlands Saxon
(Netherlands) language and literature: http://www.taolpaddrenthe.nl/

It features authors that write in Drenthe dialects.  Included are video
clips of their readings, rather impressive ones, shot outdoors for that
extra Drenthe feel.

The only disadvantages I noticed are (1) that the site is high-memory and
may be accessed on old clonker computers with difficulties, if at all, and
(2) there there is no impressum page (yet).   Furthermore, it would be great
if the texts were visible while the authors read them.  However, this
appears to be only a beginning, and I hope I am not jumping the gun by
announcing it at this point in time.

I have corresponded with a couple of the authors and found it quite exciting
to have an opportunity to watch them and listen to them in beautiful
presentations.

I am very impressed and hope that this may serve as a model or stimulous for
other regional and minority websites, Lowlands and otherwise.  So, even
those of you who are not interested in LS might want to take a peek.  Anyone
will find the site is easy to navigate through despite being in LS and
Dutch.

Enjoy!