LL-L "Etymology" 2004.01.19 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Feb 19 17:22:57 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 19.FEB.2004 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Gaidheal <gaidheal at yahoo.com>
Subject: Here/there/where

Feasgar math, a Lowlanders;

Sorry for sending that blank one, Ron. I pressed enter by accident!

Alright, I've been wondering about the word trio here/there/where, and their
relatives hither/thither/whither, hence/thence/whence. I've read that
there's a fourth, being "yon". That doesn't exactly fit into the pattern.
Can anyone give me any more information on this?

Beannachdan,
Uilleam Òg mhic Sheumais.