LL-L "Resources" 2004.01.25 (01) [E/V]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Wed Feb 25 17:04:08 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 25.FEB.2004 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: Resources

Read on the "westvlams" list:
Texts in West-Flemish of the songs on the CD by Vintekoor can be found (as
word doc files) on the website of the group: http://www.vintekoor.be/
Some tracks are momentarely on the web as mp3 files (cf. below)
Sabam is the Belgian author rights organization (and eventually will force
the people of libertysoftware to whipe the mp3 files)
Johny Turbo (referred to below) made a CD with songs in West-Flemish from
Kortrijk. he died a couple of years ago.
For readability of the text below: be aware West-Flemish people mix g and h
frequently.
Hasjes = Gas(t)jes (Guests; means "Friends")

Regards,
Roger

--- start quotes
Hasjes,
'k E kik uh ceedee gekreehen (un hekopjirden) me dorrup liedjes voorziên van
een Vlams saustje. 'k En twi vorbildjes online stoan:
http://www.libertysoftware.be/koor/TrackNo05.mp3
http://www.libertysoftware.be/koor/TrackNo09.mp3
Wiiter uhtwiên wien dat da zienkt?
Dadaaa
Rik
---
elk zinnen gndag
Volgens min ist et "westvlams gemiengeld vintekoor", ip tinternet te vinden
ip dees adresse: http://www.vintekoor.be/
---
Mersie, Tom, 't is weldeehuluk van die hast'n dat die liedjes zien.
---
'k Goan der nog biezehh'n da'k nu wel den originelen ceedee goan
koop'n, nu da'k weet'n wo dak em kunn'n viend'n. Kwestje van gin
miserie te krieh'n me Sabam. ;-)
---
Ook da wore peinse kik me ertziejir weere an onzne johny turbo ut kortrik.
---
ikk'en die ceedee helegans, da negenste liedje is : mien jointje
't vufvde is: de sauna, kopt da moar dat ceedeken, t' is de moeite voe
'toren!!
slu gasten van bachten de kuppe, ik weune doar ol lange nie mere, dus is't
een bitje moeilijk voe mien voe dat dialect nog te tiep'nn   :-) moar
'kverstoand nog goe zunne..
--- end quotes

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Folks,

I seem to be the only one here occasionally mentioning Missingsch; i.e.,
German dialects on Lowlands Saxon (Low German) substrates (for some strange
reason often referred to as _Halbmundart_ "semi-dialect" in German
literature).  So I guess I have to continue this tradition.

There is a neat glossary of the Missingsch dialect of Gdańsk (Danzig), now
probably moribund:
http://home.t-online.de/home/Jessner.K-H/dzgwort.htm

>From the homepage (http://home.t-online.de/home/Jessner.K-H/danzig.htm),
which deals with Gdańsk before World War II in a predominantly nostalgic way
(some of which may be a little iffy in the eyes of our Polish subscribers),
you can get to other interesting cultural and linguistic resources,
including a poem and a glossary in Gdańsk Lowlands Saxon (Low German):
http://home.t-online.de/home/Jessner.K-H/dzgplatt.htm

All this information may be of special interest to our subscribers who use
and/or are interested in Mennonite Lowlands Saxon (Plautdietsch).