LL-L "Member news" 2004.06.11 (03) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Jun 11 16:18:01 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 11.JUN.2004 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Member news

Lowlanders,

[Mennonite Lowlands Saxon (Low German) -- English below]

En Tiet trigj hab ekj berechtet, daut onsa Frint Reuben App (Kelowna,
Kaunadau) krank wea, on daut hee nohäa wada jesunt woat. Nu es hee
onverhoffs al wada krank jewoade, on de Doktasch habbe am aum Buck
oppereart. Daut es en Nootfaul jeweese. Jlekjeljawies es aules good jegone,
on em Uagenblekj es onsa Reuben tuss aum Vepuste on aum Jesuntwoare. Sien
Berecht finje Jie unje.
     Lewe Reuben, em Nome von aula Lied, dee Die leew habbe on Die bewundre
wensch ekj Die on Dien lewe Irmgard daut Baste.  Komm boolt wada trigj!

[Northern Lowlands Saxon (Low German) -- English below]

Een Tied trügg harr ik Ju künnig maakt, dat us Fründ Reuben Epp (Kelowna,
Kanada) süük was, un dat he dunn wedder uprappel. Nu is he mitmaal wedder
süük worrn, un de Dokters hebbt an em an'n Buuk oppereert. Dat is 'n
Noodfall west. To'n Glück is allens good gaan, un upstünds is us Reuben
tohuus' an't Versnuven un Bäterwarrn. Sien Bericht findt Ji ünnen.
     Leve Reuben, in'n Naam vun all de Lüüd', de Di leev hebben un bewunnern
doot wünsch ik Di un Dien leve Irmgard vun't Gode dat Best. Kaam gau wedder
trügg!

[English]

You may remember that a while ago I informed you that our friend Reuben Epp
(Kelowna, Canada) had fallen ill and had recovered. This week he fell ill
again and had to undergo abdominal surgery as a case of emergency.
Fortunately, everything worked out fine, and our Reuben is currently resting
and recovering at home. You will find his report below.
     Dear Reuben, on behalf of everyone who loves and admires you, I wish
you and your dear Irmgard the best. Make sure you'll return to us soon!

Reinhard/Ron

***