LL-L "Help needed" 2004.02.29 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Mar 1 01:42:37 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 29.FEB.2004 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: am114802 at ohio.edu <am114802 at ohio.edu>
Subject: LL-L "Help Needed" [E]:  Questions Concerning Language Schools

Dear Lowlanders:

I am in the process of planning a three-month trip to study Frisian, Scots,
and Icelandic; that is study each language for one month.  However, I am
having trouble finding language schools for Frisian and Scots.  If anyone
knows about language schools or tutors that teach Frisian or Scots, could
you
please send me information via email.  Any suggestions would also be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,
Adam Moskey

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Help needed

Hey, Adam!

Lucky d..., uh, you!  Boy, what a great opportunity!

As for Westerlauwer Frisian (the varieties used in the Netherlands), please
contact AFÛK, the Center for Frisian Adult Education in Ljouwert/Leeuwarden,
Netherlands:
http://www.language-learning.net/cgi-bin/show/US/orgs/orgSeite18.htm

I have a couple of their course books.

By the way, their site comes with a nifty course finder utility!

Folks, please submit relevant information to the List, since such
information would be welcomed by many of us.

Best of luck, Adam!  What an exciting summer ahead of you!