LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.05.01 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat May 1 19:59:16 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 01.MAY.2004 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Kevin Caldwell <kcaldwell31 at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.05.01 (02) [E]

I should have mentioned in one of my recent messages that my Caldwell
ancestors who came to America in 1727 came from Enniskillen, Ireland.  Their
ancestors were from southern Scotland (Ayrshire and Glasgow).  Going further
back, there is much debate among genealogists about their origins, some
saying English, others Norman French, others French Huguenots who moved to
Scotland in the 17th century (obviously the French connection would involve
a name change, since "Caldwell" is Anglo-Saxon).

Kevin Caldwell (kcaldwell31 at comcast.net)