LL-L "Resources" 2004.05.04 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue May 4 16:13:53 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 04.MAY.2004 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Yasuji Waki <yasuji at amber.plala.or.jp>
Subject: Friesish

Hallow Lowlanders,

Today I have found an advertisement of a dictionary of
"Frisian-Japanese" by
H. Kodama, Daigakushorin Verlag,  Tokyo in the Asashi Shinbun
(shinbun=newspaper).
This dictionary should be the first one published in the world. It may be
interesting for
you all.

Regards,

Yasuji Waki
Japan

-----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Welcome back, Waki-san!  I understand you had a good trip to Northern
Germany.  At least so "my sources" tell me.

Thanks for the resource tip.  Is it possible for you to find the actual
bibliographical details of the dictionary (Japanese(-Frisian) title, year
and ISBN number?)  I will then add this item to our offline resource guide
for Frisian (http://www.lowlands-l.net/index.php?page=offline_fry).

There is one work of Kodama listed already:

Kodama, H. (1992); _Furijiago bunpô_ (フリジア語文法 _Fryske Grammatika_). Tokyo:
Daigakushorin, Hfl. 130, 291 pp.

I take it all of his/her works deal with Westerlauwer ("West") Frisian (of
the Netherlands) only.