LL-L "Orthography" 2004.11.13 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Nov 13 20:15:05 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 13.NOV.2004 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at worldonline.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Orthography" 2004.11.12 (06) [E/LS/Danish]

Henry:>

> Ingmar's objections remind me. I think it'd be very wise if it were made
> damn clear on your ANS site that it's intention is to have everybody
> spell phonemes/sounds the same, instead of the whole language. I know
> you do explain that, but not clear enough and not in the first part of
> the page that's visible in my browser.
> Perhaps it's also a good idea to create pages that show how to apply ANS
> to various dialects, for example Drents.

that
at the site, for me it was too much focused on the Northern Lowlands Saxon
dialect group; that's why I didn't understand how to use ANS for different
type
of dialects like my own. Hold fast, Ingmar

> From: Henry Pijffers
> >
> I think it were better if people from North-, West-, and East-Saxon
> stuck their heads together, decided which words are common to all or
> most variants, and then wrote those down in something like ANS. That
> should be acceptable to most people.

 But in that case a new standard dialect would be made.
I might like that idea, depending of result. I wouldn't mind helping with it
either.
Ingmar

Ron:

> yne, blyven (~ blyben), glöven ~ (glöben), bluud, brood, düysend (~
> duysend), musen, süyken (~ suyken), vergeten, geven (~ geben)
>
> Would we understand each other in writing?  You betcha!

You know, I didn't have an idea how to use the ANS for my own dialect.
I'll try to transliterate some text in ANS, probably one of my poems to see
how it looks.
Although I would prefer _ine_ or _iine_  and _bliven_ or _bliiven_ in stead
of y....
And I bet we'd always understand each other... Ingmar

Ron:

> the prejudice that Germans don't have any sense of humor
> > Which applies especially to Gabriele and myself.  Right?

Second, I said this prejudice had to be expanded to myself...
But I must apologize, it was a bad "joke" to show I didn't like the remarks
about me being silly and feeling different. These felt personal, but I
didn't really mean mine so personal to you or Gabriele or anyone else.
I respect all Germans at (and off) this list, no less than any others.
That's all. Sorry if I hurt some feelings... Hold fast, Ingmar

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Orthography

No worries, Ingmar.  I thought it was all in good fun, and I assumed that
this would apply to our beloved queen of the peanut gallery as well.  Sorry
if I overstepped the bounds.  I wouldn't use words like "silly" if I really
meant it.