LL-L "Resources" 2004.11.16 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Nov 16 15:55:53 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 16.NOV.2004 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Henry Pijffers <henry.pijffers at saxnot.com>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2004.11.15 (11) [E]

Gary schreev:

> Henry (P), you wrote:
>
> 'Especially this one, I don't care if it ignores
> Frisian (no offense, I
> want to learn Frisian too in time).'
>
> Are you being 'Frisistish' here (or whatever the
> correct term for anti-Frisian is)? Tut tut shame on
> you ;o)

No, I'm not anti-Frisian, not at all, I'm simply not very interested in
Frisian resources at the moment. As I said, I want to learn more Frisian
too. I've already gotten myself as far as being able to understand most
of what's written in it (not very hard, if you already speak Saxon).

Henry

----------

From: Andy Eagle <andy at scots-online.org>
Subject: Resources

Hi all,

I came across a good site for Scots

http://www.scotsgate.com/

It aims to:
*  identify and annotate the best resources about Scots on and off
the web
* provide additional material and comment as necessary

I also came accross http://www.elgin.free-online.co.uk/is_intro.htm
which some people may find useful. The free online version can be
used to converts X-SAMPA to IPA symbols. The registered version can
also produce the HTML code for IPA symbols.

Andy Eagle