LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.11.18 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Nov 18 18:32:59 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 18.NOV.2004 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Tom Carty <cartyweb at hotmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.11.17 (03) [E]

Id be grateful for any info on forth and bargy, and the response about other
distinct dialests such as the Fingalian English and Yola, both of which I'd
never heard of before, is fantastic.

If you have any written material could you post same to me at Tom Carty, 13
Church St, Tullamore, Offaly, Ireland?

The current Dublin dialect may be an extention of Filgalian, but noting the
similarity of accent and words to some working class areas of Waterford
City, it may go back indeed to Viking Times.

Tom Carty
www.teanganua.pro.ie